Wednesday, June 15, 2011

NYSE Summation Index - Notable Aspects

I am currently finding a variety of charts and market indicators to be of great interest as they depict internal stock market dynamics that are either less-than-robust or disconcerting / alarming.

One such chart, which I have previously featured, is that of the NYSE Summation Index.  I have put in the S&P500 as an overlay in green, with the NYSE Summation Index's MACD at the bottom of the chart. What I find particularly notable here is the long-term negative MACD divergence as indicated on the chart, in blue:

chart courtesy of StockCharts.com; annotations by the author

click on chart to enlarge



_____

The Special Note summarizes my overall thoughts about our economic situation

SPX at 1287.87 as this post is written

No comments:

Post a Comment