Thursday, September 30, 2010

Another View Of The U.S. Dollar

I've written numerous posts about the U.S. Dollar, as I am very concerned about its vulnerability to a substantial decline (one that would take it considerably below 70, as discussed in the July 30 post) and the various ill-effects that would accompany such a decline.

Of note, very few people have voiced concerns over the last few months of the U.S. Dollar being vulnerable to a substantial decline.  I find this odd for a number of reasons, especially given Gold's ascent.

Previous posts have included various charts of the U.S. Dollar.  Over the last few days, I have created a new chart that I think is helpful in monitoring the U.S. Dollar situation.  Here is the chart, presented on a daily basis since 2000, Log scale:


click on chart to enlarge image; chart courtesy of StockCharts.com

I've drawn the red line as a trendline; as one can see, it also does a decent job of representing a visual "best-fit" line for the period.

The gray dotted line is the 200-day moving average.  As one can see, this has been on an upward, yet volatile, climb since latter-2008.

I plan on posting this chart periodically and noting changes...



SPX at 1144.73 as this post is written

No comments:

Post a Comment