Tuesday, April 18, 2017

April 2017 IMF Report – Probabilities Of Recession And Deflation

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) recently published the April 2017 “World Economic Outlook.” (pdf)  The subtitle is “Gaining Momentum?”
One area of the report is Figure 1.20 on page 29.  While I do not agree with the current readings of the two measures presented – Probability of Recession and the Probability of Deflation – I do find them to be notable, especially as one can compare these estimates across various global economies.
As one can see, the report states that the U.S. is estimated to have a roughly 22% probability of recession and roughly a 2% probability of deflation for the periods indicated.
_________
I post various economic indicators and indices because I believe they should be carefully monitored.  However, as those familiar with this blog are aware, I do not necessarily agree with what they depict or imply.
_____
The Special Note summarizes my overall thoughts about our economic situation
SPX at 2343.51 this post is written

No comments:

Post a Comment